Sunday, January 2, 2011

Going Home for Thanksgiving

      Us headed home in the airport at Raleigh....Will's face shows it ALL!!
     It was fun....at first! lol!
        They REALLY do LOVE each other...thanks Lele for the sweatshirts!!
 The girl cousins

      Best friends and cousins
     Not where we would EVER choose to be but definitely who I WOULD choose to be with :)
     Dr. A and me :)
      Will ADORES Papa!!!
      The Cousins
       My son DRINKING salsa!!!!

     The way we spent most of our time.....it was perfect!
     Our Mickey D's gathering :)
 Me, LeighAnn, Will, and Lala
      Mom and Dad's house
         Tyler and Lala
LeighAnn, Tiff, Me, Will, and Laurey

I am not sure I can do this post tonight because the trip was SO emotional for me. I did not expect it AT all to be this way so I will just stick to the facts :)While in Miami I got word that my best friend was in the hospital. I was BESIDE myself and so anxious to get to her I could hardly stand it. I cried for two days before I got home and was worn out before we even left Raleigh from the worry.....which is NOT placing my trust where it should be. But, mom was in Raleigh from our trip to Miami when she watched the kids so she flew back with me which was such a Godsend!! Long story short...we made it! We landed, I handed the kids off to Mimi and Snow and I headed to Baptist which is the only place in the world I wanted to be!! :) I got to spend some time with my bestie....not in the way we either wanted but it was very renewing for my heart. I got to spend the night with Meggie which I loved and probably wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. I got to hug Lynne's neck and spend some time with Andi. I got a birthday dinner at Senor Tequila with Sunny, Kynda, and Jamie that MADE my night!!!! Then, I headed to Glenwood :) On my birthday, the 24th, I had birthday lunch with Tara and she surprised me with one of the most special gifts I have ever received....a DVD that had me playing basketball from a LOT of my high school games, including senior night as well as another DVD from us cheering and dancing. I know this was a lot of work and I treasure it!!! Lexi was already making fun of me watching them! She wanted to know why I shook my head so much!! haha!! Also on Wednesday I met Clinton and Dorla in Arkadelphia to get the kiddos and got to see Rhonda, Scott, and the kids for a few minutes on their way to Abilene! It was such a treat! :) I miss them so much!! Then, I got to see most of the family and spend some time in the barn hanging out with them!! Thanksgiving day I headed back to Little Rock and got to go to the Almefty's and see them, Svetlana, and Professor and Diane. It was a great reunion....I miss my work "home" more than I ever thought I could. Working with Dr. A and his patients is just irreplacable and really where my heart is but I have learned a TON in my new job and am adapting. Friday, we got our stuff together and then ate lunch at my favorite McClards and then crazily decided to go watch Tangled which lasted all of about 5 minutes for two of the kids....I bet you can pick which two!!! At that point I just drove them around in the rental car while the others finished the movie :) Tyler, Landon, Tiff, Tori, Mom, and Lexi..... That night we headed to Little Rock to spend the night since my flight LEFT Little Rock at 5:15.....YES, I am OFFICIALLY insane for that flight and literally barely survived getting back to Raleigh....some of the very worst hours of my life!!! Got here and Jessica rescued me from the airport....after I took someone else's luggage to my car and then had to return it to them....very embarrasing I might add.....and then we went to meet daddy in Smithfield, NC where he was working for the holiday. Whew....I'm exhausted just typing it so you can only imagine how well that weekend went! haha!! We recovered after a few weeks and I decided I wasn't throwing in the towel to this adventure completely!! .....but it was questionable there for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment