Monday, January 24, 2011

Cajun Chicken and Dumplings

There is a restaurant in the height I LOVE...they have this recipe that is to die for and homemade french fries...which if you know me that is a direct in to my heart! :) Russ has been playing around with figuring out there recipe for me and I made them last night and they were VERY close! Yummy!!!
so here goes.....a LOT of the spices are just to taste~ Depends on how SPICY you want them!

3 cans cream of chicken
2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (10oz) can of milk
1/2 stick butter ( I didn't use this last night and they were still good :))
4 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
whatever kind of dumplings you like- Russ sometimes uses canned biscuits, my favorite is flour tortillas and I used 10.....of course, you can't beat my mama's homemade dumplins but I am not there yet!
1 TBSP Tony's seasoning- approx
1 tsp old bay-approx
garlic powder
onion powder
I used a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 cup of the hot liquid and then poured it back in to thicken since I didn't have time to let them thicken up.
Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment