Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I love David

King David that is :) I just finished reading a book titled Bathsheba. It was great. There are so many qualities that I LONG to have that he did but I am SO thankful God used him in such a great manner because it gives me hope that I can and will do "better.". He was a man with many faults, no pedigree to speak of, and yet HE was still in the direct line of my Christ's bloodline. His redemption story is Ah-mazing! I love to sing as most of you know and I am filled with such passion and need to worship when I read Psalms. I can relate to SO many he wrote. I fail, I try, I get frustrated, but in the end I LOVE Jesus and have a heart that runs after Him. What is even more amazing is that He loves me and no matter how far I fall He loves me anyway. I read the other day an article defending Christianity and  one of the statements has stuck with me.....What is I come to the end of my life and I AM wrong? Well, I will have lived a life with hope, peace, and forgiveness but what if you get to the end of your life and I am right?????
O God, give me a heart that speaks your name and a life that points to you. Let others see not only my failures but your redemption- it is SO sweet and merciful. How thankful I am.....David has a heart that sought you and I can only hope and pray I will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment