Wednesday, March 18, 2009

11/18/04

Major change of plans
Last night I spent the majority of it in the Labor and delivery unit at UAMS. Tuesday night I did not sleep all night and when I got up Wednesday I just felt terrible. When I got to work everyone kept on commenting on how different I looked and was so swollen. Dr. Al-Mefty kept telling me to go home but I wanted to get things done and save as many of my days as possible to spend with Lexi. Late yesterday afternoon I started seeing spots and I had been contracting all day so I got worried and went and got checked out. My blood pressure was up and got as high as 156/96. It was crazy- Janice and Lori stayed with me all night while I was there and kept me company. There was some bad things going on in the unit while we were there so we did not see anyone for almost 2 hours! I was being a brat and was taking my own blood pressure and trying to figure out how those monitors work as I am a neuro nurse!! Lori, Janice, and I laughed so much it brought my pressure down! I was contracting every 2-3 minutes but have not dilated any thank goodness. SO now, the plan is for me to be on bedrest for 2 weeks and we are planning on having Lexi on 2 weeks~Dr. Wendel wants me to see him on Monday and we will talk more about plans but he is usually on call Thursday nights so I will probably have Lexi on December 3rd! This is 4 weeks early but he thinks she will be fine. I am so scared and nervous but have faith in God that He is in control and everything will be fine. We appreciate all your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment